1.1 [Media City] (MC), a company incorporated in Qatar, with a registered address at [Tornado Tower, West Bay, Doha, Qatar], owns and operates the website www.mediacity.qa.
1.3 Throughout this Policy, the terms “we", "our", "us" means MC and its subsidiaries, employees, officers, agents, affiliates or assigned parties.
1.4 This Policy was last updated on 10th January 2021 It is effective between you and us as of the date you accept this Policy, and you do so by default through the use of the Service.
1.5 If any term of this Policy is or may become for any reason invalid or unenforceable at law, the validity and enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
1.6 If you choose to limit the way in which you want MC to collect, use or disclose any information, then you acknowledge that some aspects of the Service may not be available to you.
1.7 Data Controller means a person (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) or legal entity who determines the means, purposes for and mannert in which any personal data are, or are to be,
processed pursuant to Law 13 of 2016 for The Protection of Personal Data Privacy (the Data Protection Law).
1.8 MC is the Data Controller in respect of personal data processed by the Service.
1.9 Your privacy is important to us and we will do our best to protect it. This is our commitment.
2.1 The type of information we collect from you is either personal to you or general in nature. We may collect and store information that might disclose your identity, activities, interests and location, the information we collect being categorized as follows:
- Personal Information:
When you register on the Service as a user or otherwise, update your information, send emails to or otherwise contact us, send support requests or provide feedback, you provide us with information that we store and process. Such information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, purchase and transaction history, billing information (including credit card information), interests, and other such 'Personal Information' or 'Personal Data' (as defined in the Data Protection Law).
- General Information:
We also receive more general information from you as a result of your visits to, and use of, the Service. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your IP address, operating system, connection information, browser type, the date and time you access the Service, length of time you spend on the Service, your browsing history and other such 'General Information'.
- Information We Receive from other Sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the websites that we operate, or from any other services that we provide. We also work closely with third parties such as business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. We may receive information about you from such third parties especially if you access the Service through other websites or login on social media platforms. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
3.1 We use Personal Information for the following purposes and subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Law:
- to provide any services that you request from us;
- to keep internal records and improve the Service;
- to communicate with you on the Service;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- to provide you with information about new opportunities, promotions, special offers and other information that we may feel is relevant to you;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to customize or enhance your experience on the Service, including via the display of adverts and direct communications you receive from us;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service about goods or services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website, or the website of another MC group company or third parties’ website(s); and
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of MC.
3.2. We use General Information to help us make the Service more useful and for other purposes such as identifying system performance or problem areas, tracking activity in respect of the Service, preparing reports and monitoring the way in which the Service is being used.
4.1. We may share your Personal Information in connection with the purposes above with our subsidiaries, employees, officers, agents, affiliates and selected service providers.
4.2. You agree that MC may share your Personal Information with any service providers, suppliers or subcontractors (Suppliers) that are assisting MC with the operation of the Service and who have agreed to abide by the terms of this Policy. By submitting your Personal Information you agree to this transfer, storing and processing (which may be to a country outside the country in which MC is located).
4.3. MC will not otherwise share, sell or rent your Personal Information. However, if MC is required to disclose Personal Information by law or any governing authority or to protect its own legitimate interests, MC agrees that it will use reasonable endeavours to seek your express permission to such a disclosure.
4.4. You may choose to provide your Personal Information to the Suppliers or other users of the Service and, in this case, MC is not liable for the manner in which that Supplier or third party deals with your Personal Information.
5.1. Keeping your Personal Information secure and preventing unauthorized access is of utmost priority to us, and we take all steps reasonably necessary to protect your Personal Information against any unauthorised access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through our Service. Any transmission of information made is done so at your own risk.
5.2. We will notify you if we determine that MC has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, and/or as otherwise required under the Data Protection Law.
5.3. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in a country outside the country in which MC operates. It may also be processed by staff operating outside such country, who work for us or for one of our Suppliers. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storage, and/or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated in accordance with this Policy, and/or as otherwise required under the Data Protection Law.
- We respect your right to access and control your Personal Information. We will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information. Any such request can be made to [email@example.com].
- Access to personal information:If you request access to your personal information, we will comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Correction and deletion:You have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this may be subject to legal requirements and other obligations and factors.
- Marketing preferences:To opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us or by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
7.1. Our Services may contain links to and may be used by you in conjunction with third-party apps, services, tools, and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled, or managed by us. Examples include but are not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter® and, third-party apps like voice software and readers. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own Privacy Statements. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to these third-party services.
7.2. Information that you provide to third-party companies is not covered by this Policy.
8.1. Our Service is not aimed at individuals under the age of eighteen years old (Minors). If, however, we collect and use information about any Minor, we will comply with the applicable laws. We hereby prohibit all Minors from the use of the Service governed by this Policy.
If you have any questions, complaints or recommendations about this Policy, or if you believe that any Personal Information that we may hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at the following address and we will endeavor to respond to you promptly: [email@example.com ].